RCCSI Call for R&E Proposals
The Research Center for Culture and Social Issues (RCCSI) announces the call for proposals for 2017 institutional funding. All qualified members of the center are encouraged to submit your proposals not later than September 28, 2016. The center In-House Review will be conducted on the first week of October 2016 after a seminar workshop to enhance the proposals submitted.
Please observe protocol in the submission of proposals. For 2017, RCCSI shall fund researches along poverty in Samar Island, specifically;
- Politics and governance
- This strand will encourage research outputs that investigate governance and the socio-economic, cultural and demographic condition of Samarnons.
- Cultural Issues
- This will undertake innovative interdisciplinary field of research and teaching that investigates the ways in which “culture” creates and transforms individual experiences, everyday life, social relations and power of Samarnons.
- Educational Management and Policies
- This strand will investigate how existing and previous educational management and policies have contributed to the kind of province we now have and the kind of people we have become. It investigates deeply the quality of graduates in the HEIs in the province have turned-over for employment, learning outcomes of graduates in licensure examinations and/or competencies and results of national achievement tests in the basic education. It looks into the different facets of learning environment and other related concern and educational issues.
- Geography, Environment, and Resources
- The strand will explore how environment and resources have been capitalized and managed. Disaster risk management, climate change, mitigation and adaptation studies are also included in this strand.
- Peace and Order
- This field will identify and analyze peace and order condition of the island in the past that immensely contributed to its present condition.
- Public Health
- This will disseminate knowledge in the public health field in order to improve efficacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of public health interventions to improve public health outcomes of populations is the goal of this strand.
- Industry and Economy
- This will generate studies that look into the joys, hardships, struggles and challenges of fishers and farmers of the island through the years.