Beat the deadline, nominate now for the Outstanding Alumni of the year award
The 2nd search for outstanding alumni of STS/SSAT/SSPC/SSU will end April 5, 2019. The Office of the Alumni Affairs and the Alumni Association is reminding everyone to nominate an alumnus who has exhibited the qualities the Samar State University spouses. The award is aimed at recognizing an alumna/alumnus who has significantly contributed to the institution, the local, regional, national and international community.
To qualify, the nominee; (1) must have been conferred certificate/diploma as a graduate to any educational programs of STS/SSAT/SSPC/SSU which includes secondary (high school), tertiary (college), graduate (masteral) and post graduate (doctoral) levels. (2) Demonstrate exemplary performance in any or all areas as innovator, builder and service provider in his/her field of endeavor. (3) Preferably earned awards in any or all levels (local, regional, national and international). (4) Have been recognized for his/her works in areas such as research, technology developments, and other projects. (5) Has showcased leadership and participation in community services and (6) must have no pending cases against him/her from any courts of the Philippines.
Any alumni member of the institution is qualified to nominate using the forms. These filled-up forms must be submitted to the Office of the Alumni Affairs Relations Services or the College Alumni Relations Coordinators. Supporting documents such as the nominees curriculum vitae signed by the nominee, three passport sized pictures and proof of achievements like certifications, testimonies and other related documents, a summary about the nominee, and the acceptance form duly signed by the nominators and nominee.
The following are the college alumni coordinators;
- Dr. Laura B. Boller – College of Education (including high school level) graduates
- Engr. Maricris M. Mustacisa – College of Engineering
- Mr. Lawrence Quincy P. Quiano – College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Mr. Jose Marlon Refuncion Jr. – College of Arts and Sciences
- Mr. Leandro S. Crebello – College of Industrial Technology
- Ms. Irene Jean C. Lagumbay – College of Fisheries and Marine Sciences – Mercedes Campus
- Mr. Jonash B. Babalcon – Paranas Campus
Proposed awards are the following.
- Most Outstanding Alumni award (the awardee who demonstrated all the three characteristics described in the SSU Mantra; We Innovate. We Build. We Serve)
- SSU Alumni Outstanding Achievement for Public Service
- Outstanding Achievement for Culture, Arts and Sports
- Outstanding Achievement in Science and Technology Innovation
- Outstanding Achievement for Good Governance
- Outstanding Achievement in Health Services
- Outstanding Achievement for Entrepreneurship and Employment
- Outstanding Achievement for Overseas Welfare
- Outstanding Achievement for Volunteerism
- Outstanding Achievement in Educational Innovation
The said titles may be changed depending on the strength of the nominees and as decided by the awards committee. For more information please contact Mr. Ronie T. Velasco, the Director of Alumni Relations Services of SSU.
Previous awardees are Capt. Asuncion I. Lucero, High School Batch 1969. Most Outstanding Alumna in Community Service, Dr. Daniel Dasig Jr., BS Computer Engineering Batch 2008. Most Outstanding Alumnus in Higher Education, Mr. Melvin P. Mabulac, High School Batch 1994. Most Outstanding Alumnus in Government Service, Engr. Sidney M. Zosa, High School Batch 1976. Most Outstanding Alumnus in Enterprise Building, and Dr. Thelma Cabadsan-Quitalig, High School Batch 1974/Education Batch 1978/MAEd batch 1990/PhD Batch 1993. Most Outstanding Alumna in Basic Education. For more information about the 2018 awardees pls click here.
The following are the specific nomination guidelines, nomination forms, it can be Post Views: 192