RedT Network: Research Proposal Writing Boot Camp
Harmful algal blooms (HABs) have been an increasing concern over the years. In the Philippines, they have resulted to negative impacts on human health, environment, as well as the economy; thus, they are a legitimate target for research and development. Moreover, the red tide study is a part of the priority research agenda for the fisheries sector in Eastern Visayas.
The 2018 Research Proposal Writing Boot Camp is the first activity of the Red Tide (RedT) Network, a collaboration between Samar State University and the University of the Philippines Visayas. This activity is designed to promote quality research thru a series of workshops that include proposal drafting, justifying research proposals, research designs and methods, and finding fund source for their research. This also serves as an opportunity for researchers to consult reviewers from UP Visayas on how their papers can be fortified for presentations, funding, and implementation.
At the end of the activity, the participants will be able to:
- Recall facts and basic concepts in formulating research objectives;
- Explain ideas or concepts in conducting a literature review;
- Apply up-to-date research designs and methodologies;
- Draw connections among ideas vis-à-vis the line budget and activity plan; and,
- Produce research programs, documents and fundable researches.
The Boot Camp is set on June 13 – 15, 2018 at the Ground Floor, Administration Building of SSU -Mercedes Campus.