SSU submits 12 patent and utility models for protection
Samar State University is one of the most active institution in the Region in terms of patent and utility model applications. Below are the list of submissions to IPOPhil this year.
- Feed formulation for finfishes
- Rice hull particle board composition
- Flow of water in aquifers laboratory apparatus
- Method for producing chitin and chitosan from green bay mussel (perna viridis) shells
Utility Model Applications
- Process of making turmeric powder
- Process of making fish tocino
- Wireless Sensor Data Acquisition and Transmission
- Low Cost Refrigerant 22 Recovery Equipment
- Process of making mussel sausage
- Process of making mussel embutido
- GSM-controlled electric consumption and power line distribution monitoring system
Since the start of the operation of Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPhil)-Innovation Technology Support Office (ITSO) franchise in 2012, a total of 7 patents and 25 utility models were submitted to IPOPhil. As of December 2014, about 4 registered utility models and 2 pending patent which is expected to be registered this coming year. SSU-ITSO has pool of IPOPhil trained patent drafters with 2 registered Patent Agents and accepts patent-related services for intersted individuals or offices.
The ultimate goal in this protection initiatives is to generate income from the commercialization of the said technology. Through the registration process, chances to find commercialization partners increases.
SSU-ITSO is headed by Ms. Vivian L. Moya which can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org.